Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year, New Blog

"So do you have any New Year's Resolutions?"  Someone always asks this every January.

I'm not a resolution person.  Resolutions sound like rules.  It's not that I'm against rules themselves, but I don't like the sound of the word "resolutions."  It sounds too resolute.  It smacks of closure.  And one of my favorite phrases is "I haven't decided yet."  Ooh, I love to say that.

Even though I'm not a closure person, I do have some goals for this year.  So why not set them out in January, when the year is fresh and new? 

One of my goals is the same one I have every year, all the time:  continue to write; write more; write better.  I've been keeping a Penzu this past year, and blogging occasionally in Nesmith Family Blog and (for one intense month) Reading the Titanic

My goal then is to continue to write, but write more.  What will I write about?  Oh, the usual: what I see, what I think about, what I read.  Maybe little anecdotes about the boys.  Descriptions of what delights, intrigues, or irks me.  Musings on everyday life.

Some of that writing will be in my Penzu.  And some will be in this fresh new blog, Writer's Notebook.

I do love to blog. I love knowing you're out there, dear readers!  Knowing you're there challenges me to think better, write better.  As John Cheever says it so well:

"I can't write without a reader.  It's precisely like a kiss--you can't do it alone."



No comments:

Post a Comment